Morgellon’s Disease - Treatment Protocol
Back to "Biting Mites" page
Relevant Web Resouces:
Morgellon’s Disease is a systemic disease characterized by a chronic fatigue illness with systemic symptoms such as joint aches, muscles aches, headaches, insomnia, and depressed immune system. The skin manifestations include multiple skin lesions especially in areas with hair as well as emergence of fibers, seed-like substances, and in some cases, bugs. Other organ systems are frequently involved including a variety of neurological symptoms. The following is a protocol which will be updated intermittently to help those with Morgellon’s Disease obtain a more holistic approach to this systemic multi-system disease.
March 2008 Update by Dr. Susan Kolb:
"The disease seems to be a network of plastic fibers within the body made up of plastics and silicones that can become superinfected with bacteria, fungus, parasites and bugs either by attraction from the environment or in some cases possibly by injection of DNA of the organism into human cells causing production of the organisms within the body.
The biting sensation is probably an insect vector that carries this DNA leading to a rapid infection of the body with severe symptoms. The production of the fibers which have been isolated from the environment as well as from patients yet are not fibers that exist in the FBI databank.
Many of my silicone patients including myself probably already have this silcone and plastic fiber network in the body that produces certain metabolic and endocrine and immune disruption as well as electromagnetic effects on certain things in the environment such as halogen lights. We have some wonderful reports on a treatment called Opaline Dry Oxy which is a supplement that increases oxygen in the body and promotes a detoxification of this plastic material. In a study, Morgellon patients had a signicant improvement of symptoms on this treatment. We have also been using the Overman electrolysis footbath for this. Successful treatment of Morgellons may require that this network of fibers be eliminated by some method.
Please contact Nadya at 770-457-4677 if you do not have the copy of the protocol with Opaline Dry Oxy on it under the detoxification section. "
Skin Products and Baths:
- Collodial Silver:
Dr. Smith at Healthwalk suggested:
- Taking Colloidal Silver 4 times a day,
- Followed by probiotics an half hour later,
- As infected patients often suffer from candida, he suggested using an ozone generator to kill bacteria, mold and bugs in the house.
- Mix Eucerin lotion with colloidal silver and use it on your skin everyday.
This protocol appears to be very successful in treating this condition.
- Epsom Salts Baths: I have heard a LOT of success stories associated with the use of Epsom Salt. It's CHEAP and EFFECTIVE! Please click on link for info.
- Skin Products and Baths. Because the disease manifests frequently with skin lesions and symptoms of biting, itching, burning, and crawling, the treatment of the skin is important for symptomatic relief. We recommend the New Hope Skin Care Line by Trisha Springstead, R.N., who can be reached at [email protected]; website: www.espbotanicals.com.
- Dried alfalfa capsules 10 per bath opened and ¼ cup of sea salt.
- Due to scientific studies which show that the fibers which extrude from the skin in this disease are made of high-density polyethylene as well as possible silicone, also found in biopsy samples, diets which avoid all foods possibly sprayed with viral phages which have been coated with a high-density polyethylene (nanotechnology) in order to prevent bacterial infections such as Listeria are important. Unfortunately we do not have labeling requirements for this technology. Therefore, it would be advisable to avoid all lunch meats and other similar processed foods including genetically modified foods and any foods with Monsanto’s growth hormone derivative in the food.
- It would be best to follow an organic diet with minimal preservatives including foods stored in plastic and/or aluminum.
- Click here for information on organic foods -- a listing of the most and the least contaminated food items, as well as handling tips.
- A diet high in fresh fruits and vegetables is more alkalizing and helps with the problem that Morgellon’s patients have with acidic pH.
- Drinking clean water such as distilled or filtered water is also important.
Acidity & Low Alkaline Reserve:
- Morgellon’s patients have problems with acidity and alkaline reserves, therefore, diet and water that helps increase alkalinity of the body is preferable. For those who do cannot partake of such diet or if the patient’s pH is still acidic on the diet, we recommend Buffer pH with pH testing of the urine in the morning. Take 3 to 6 capsules of Buffer pH per day in order to maintain an alkalized urine.
- See the information on www.miraclemineral.org on the use of sodium chlorite.
- In order to help raise natural killer T-cell levels we recommend EpiCor one capsule (500 mg.) orally a day.
- Because Morgellon’s disease is felt to have a predilection for the hair follicles, we recommend use of a depilatory agent on any areas which become symptomatic.
- Additional relief can be obtained by using magnetic clay baths and/or packing the Bentonite Clay of the Magnetic Clay Baths in the area which helps draw out the fibers and helps heal the lesions.
- The Harmonic Quad attached to a double-reflective blanket to help remove insects and arthropods.
- The Harmonic Quad attached to the ionic footbath along with the Portozone Ozone Ozonaer (Coag Generator) to place O3 into the water to help remove chemicals which may be involved with the disease.
- The Harmonic Quad with the Healing Detox attachment for 4 minutes a day.
- More information may be found at www.precisionherbs.com.
- Use of the “EB” cellular cleanse therapy ionic footbath can help remove heavy metals and other chemicals. www.ebrwp.com
Additional Information about Dr. James Overman’s Herbal Treatment for Morgellon’s Disease:
- Additional Information can be found in Dr. Overman’s book, Overcoming Parasites Naturally, Professional Edition, Copyright 2003. Published by Overman’s Healthy Choices, Inc. Includes information on: Morgonex, Mutex, Siliconex, and Arthropex.
- NutraSilver - Suggested Use of NutraSilver for Morgellons by Beneficial Solutions, LLC
- Remove the cap and puncture the safety membrane so the bottle now becomes the dropper.
- NEVER APPLY NUTRASILVER TOPICALLY!
- NEVER USE METAL OF ANY KIND!
- DO NOT ALLOW NUTRASILVER TO BE EXPOSED TO SUNLIGHT!
- Place 30 drops in a glass, add filtered or distilled water, as much or as little as you like. Take 3 times a day for 1 day. If no reaction is noticed, continue on to the next step.
- Next, increase to 40 drops, 3 times a day for 1 day. If no reaction is noticed, continue on to the next step.
- Now increase to 50 drops, 3 times a day for 1 day. If no reaction is noticed, continue on to the next step.
- Finally, increase to 60 drops, 3 times a day. You should now decide which dosage feels the best.
- Core Artemesia Blend by Energetics.
- Antibiotics such as Biaxin or ZPack early in the disease course have been reported to be effective.
- Thieves essential oils – dissolve 10 gtts. in 8 oz. of distilled water and drink, three times a day.
- Sporanox 200 mg. a day if liver function tests are normal. Antifungal therapy has also been found to be beneficial in some patients. We recommend if you are on Sporanox, you stay on Super Thistle X 3 times a day for liver detoxification.
- Pleo Alb suppositories as directed.
Environmental Care and Cleaning:
- No Bleach.
- No Ammonia.
- Stop all use of pesticides, fragrance oils, mineral oils, petroleums. Info on safe pesticides.
- Have all rugs cleaned with borax* and use the environmental spray below as an organic pesticide.
- Wash clothing in non surfactant/non ionic cleaners such as:
- Arm and Hammer Botanicals in the green bottle
- Only organic cleaners without any fragrance oils
- *Be VERY cautious when using Borax [sodium borate], which can also cause serious health problems, including death.
- Borax is toxic to pets (especially to cats who lick it off their coats - less so to dogs). It's best not to use it around them.
- 1 ounce Geranium Essential Oil
- 1 ounce Peppermint Essential Oil
- 1 ounce Black Pepper Essential Oil
- 1 ounce Cedarwood Essential Oil
- 1 ounce Rosewood Essential Oil
- 1 ounce Citronella Essential Oil
Mix with 2 Gallons of Water and ½ Cup of Borax* (*Be VERY cautious when using Borax [sodium borate], which can also cause serious health problems, including death.)
- There are lots of options to disperse the scents of the essential oils.
- Use to mist home environment.
- Can be sprayed on animals lightly.
- This works great as an insect repellant in small spray bottles.
GreenAndHealthy.Info strives to maintain accurate and up-to-date information; however, mistakes do happen. If you would like to correct or update any of the information, please send us an e-mail. THANK YOU!